Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Burts Bees Almond Milk and Beeswax Hand Cream

I have a few products from Burts Bees and really like their natural ethos and approach. Their lipbalms are amongst my favourite of all time! So thought I would branch out and try this hand cream after getting some bath products at Christmas.
Firstly I have to say that I love the packaging on this. It's very retro looking as comes in a little glass jar with a tin lid and I think it looks fab sitting in your bathroom/desk/beside cabinet/wherever you like to keep your handcream!
The cream itself smells very strongly of almonds as is packed with cold pressed Almond Oil to nourish the hands and nails. It has vitamin d and e to moisturise your skin and the beeswax helps to seal your hands and "shield them from the elements."

I have to say I found the smell of this cream a little sickly after a while as it's very sweet, but if you like almond, and the smell of marzipan then this may be for you! (it also smells a lot like Snowcake soap from Lush, which is a limited edition Xmas soap if anyone is a fan of that) Burts Bees state that the cream is medium weight but I found it to be very heavy due to the amount of oils, and it leaves your hands with a greasy film on them for quite a while until it sinks in. They definitely felt softer and more moisturised afterwards though!
The plus side is that you only need to use a small amount as a little goes a long way and it will be great if your hands are in dire need of some moisture. I would only recommend it for lovers of sweet almond/marzipan scents and would say it's better to put this handcream on at night or when you dont want to be left with greasy, slippery hands as it leaves them quite oily for a bit afterward. The hand cream is available from http://www.feelunique.com/ and is priced at £8.50.

6 comments:

  1. i agree, the packaging of all burt's bees things are so cute :) thanks for sharing, would love to try this out some time :)

    http://vckyv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks amazing. I love the smell of sweet almond/marzipan!
    Thanks for following my blog!
    I am following you now,
    XX
    SIRI ELAINE
    sirielaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the award, dear :)
    seems like a very good cream :) and almond oil is amazing!

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled across your blog and I am in love! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! I am your newest follower!
    I really want to get the burts bees lip balm!

    -- www.theeasternpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for your lovely comment! I'm glad you like the blog :) You have a great blog, I just checked it out :) (the burts bees lip balm in honey is my current favourite, but there are a few different flavours, you should definitely get one!) x

      Delete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS