Monday, 20 February 2012

Glossybox Review February


I got in from work today to discover my very first Glossybox waiting for me! I had recently read about how you can subscribe for £10 a month and receive different beauty goodies in sample sizes each month. I have to say I was not disappointed when my box arrived today.
This months box was the London Fashion Week edition which contains essential products to keep you looking and feeling good on the go. A couple of the products were multitasking as well which is always a bonus.The first thing I noticed when opening the box was a really natural, fresh herbal scent which leads me to the first product in the box.
Dr Broner's Magic Lavender Hand Sanitizing Spray.
This smelt amazing (if you like lavender) is fair trade and organic and a welcome change from boring old hand gel sanitizer, I also liked the old chemist type packing and label. Definitely one for those who like natural smelling products as it's quite strong, but the lavender is relaxing, and the formula is like water, so does not feel sticky or greasy, but refreshing on your hands.
Next up is Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon. This was a lip and cheek stain which is great for multitasking, it smelt so good I loved it! Very fruity and well, like watermelons! When squeezed out the tube it was a reddy berry colour.
After I buffed it into the skin it went into a very pretty rosy natural flush shade. The finish was lovely and it also claims to be non-drying and water resistant.
Next was Awaphui by Paul Mitchell Wild Ginger Treatment Oil.
This was a clear silky light serum for your hair which again smelt great and had a warm ginger fragrance. The handbag size would be great for smoothing flyaway hair, although the texture of it was very light so may not be great if your hair was really thick.
Then came Como Shambhala (great name!) Invigorate Shower Gel. This had peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus and geranium in it and smelt quite strongly, I wasn't too sure about the smell in the bottle but there is no doubt these oils are invigorating and would refresh you if you were needing a boost.

Lastly was a little tub of Pure Mineral Eyeshadow from BM Beauty. I got one in Storm Cloud,  a light grey.
The colour is a pretty soft shimmery grey which blended really well so would work on its own or over another shadow to give a bit of shimmer and shadow.
I'm really pleased with the products I got this month and am looking forward to my Glossybox delivery next month to see what that brings. For a tenner its nice to try out some products I may otherwise have not tried and was pleasantly surprised with the products. Did any of you get boxes this month? What was your experience of the products you got?

3 comments:

  1. looks like you got some amazing products.xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a huge fan of the Glossybox this month but partyl because the last two were sooo good :) thankyou for following me - now following you too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys! Yeah Tia I was chuffed with my products this time as it's the first month I've ordered from them, so will wait and see what comes next :) Alina, your blog is great, just took a look! xx

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS