Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Ciate Nail Polish in Wait Until Dark
I have just recently rediscovered this nail polish by Ciate. It was actually a freebie with Marie Claire last year and I forgot it was lurking around in my collection. It is an absolutely gorgeous deep shimmery purple shade as you can see from the picture below with the flash.
I love the cute packaging on this with the little black satin bow. Having a look on Ciate's webpage they say "Ciaté produces stunningly beautiful and intensely pigmented colours, each developed to become modern cult classics synonymous with artistry, fashion and design. We combine our all-encompassing inspirations with our knowledge of colour to create stylish finishes such as crèmes, shimmers, sheers, pearls, mattes, metallic, glitters and iridescent finishes." I couldn't agree more, the sheer amount and variety of shades is fabulous, with something for everyone and the long handled flat shaped brush enables the polish to go on smoothly and easily. With this particular shade, I had to give it two coats for a decent build up of colour, which was fine as I usually do two coats of polish anyway with other polishes. Another plus is that Ciate is also  a "5 FREE" brand completely free of formaldehyde, toluene and DBP (dibutyl phthalate), formaldehyde resin, camphor and is not tested on animals.
Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to find this shade again on the Ciate website but there does seem to be a similar dark shimmery purple shade in "Fashionista Sister". All polishes are priced at £9 and are available from the Ciate website, as well as various other outlets online. The Ciate website does offer 10% off your first order if you register for their e-newsletter.
I'm also very excited by their new 3D Caviar Manicure kit which looks amazing, check out the rainbow one here. Have any of you tried Ciate, and do you have a favourite shade?

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is a pretty color. I really like the packaging of the nailpolish.
    I think I might try this brand out to.

    xx

    http://candylovecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS