Tuesday, 6 March 2012

My 1st Carmine Box

After seeing some good reviews of Carmine boxes I decided to subscribe & my 1st box arrived today!
This month's box is themed around Spring and the leaflet inside declared the box was a tribute to fresh, fun and colour!
Here's my selection of products.
The Balm Fratboy all in one shadow/blush. I love the quirky packaging on this and it came with a little mirror inside with an american football field design. The blush itself is pretty subtle and gives a peachy apricot colour (which is always great for perking up my skin) it doubles as an eyeshadow for those who like a bit of multi-tasking from their blusher but I think I will stick to using it as a blusher.
An Andrea Fullerton nail polish in Paris, a bright pink shade, haven't tried it out yet but I love this sort of colour and think it will be great on toes in the summer (if we ever get a summer!)
Next up was a teeny tiny lipstick sample from Diego Dalla Palma, an Italian brand I've never heard of until now! The consistency was nice and the shade I was given (32) is a corally soft orange, as you can see from the swatch below. It looked far prettier on the skin than it did in the tube and I was pleasantly surprised.
Then was the Daniel Sandler Eye Delight powder, which is a shimmery powder which can be used on it's on or with water apparently to look more bold. I raved about Daniel Sandler lipgloss in an older post but I'm not sure about this dust. Mainly because I find loose powders a bit of a faff and quite messy, and also because the colour isn't really for me, it is very white/silver which doesn't really suit my olive skintone (I think anyway) but some people may like this strong silver/white effect.

The Yardley perfume sample in Peony was ok, Peonies are actually my favourite flower and I like the scent but it is very floral settled into quite a talc-like scent on my skin, I'm not sure I'd be rushing out to buy it. I'm looking forward to trying out the whitening toothpaste as I'm always on the quest for whiter teeth and buy those strips online every now and then to whiten them up.
Did anyone get anything different/exciting in their Carmine box?

7 comments:

  1. Carmine always looks very nice. Just unsubscribed from glossy box so thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there is another box from she said beauty which looks pretty good too... :) xx

      Delete
  2. that nail polish is great! love the pretty color. i've never gotten a carmine box before...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice colour isnt it? This is my first Carmine box so wasn't sure what to expect, it was a nice surprise :) xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog! You've got a wonderful blog here! And that box you've received is full of so many goodies! Lucky!!
    I've followed you, and hope that you'll decide to follow me back =).

    http://www.thelittledandy.com/

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment! Glad you like the blog :) will be sure to check out your blog and follow back- thanks for your follow :) xx

      Delete
  4. I'm very jealous of everyone and their Carmine boxes! I wish I'd subscribed!

    I'm having a giveaway at the moment!
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.com/2012/03/mini-50-follower-giveaway.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS