Thursday, 5 April 2012

Boots No 17 Mirror Shine on Lipstick in Belle and Nudist Peach

Seems like sheer glossy lipstick formulas are everywhere at the moment and these latest offerings are from  the Boots 17 range. It's been a long time since I have bought anything from Boots 17 but these caught my eye and I'm SO glad I picked them up!

Packaged in a shiny turquoise tube, (unusual and easy to find when swimming around your make-up bag) the first lipstick I picked up was Nudist Peach, it looks like a beige nude in the tube but actually went on very sheer, with a hint of peach to it.
You can see from the swatch on my hand where I used a flash how glossy and light it looks.
It just gave a hint of colour, Boots describe it as " a moisturising lipstick with a mirror-shine gloss. Containing the perfect combination of pigment and micro pearls, it cleverly reflects the light to create the optical illusion of fuller lips and gives a super sheer, wet-look finish.Let your lips flush with a nearly natural rosiness wearing the pretty Belle shade, or go for a peachy perfect daytime look in Nudist Peach"
  “This lipstick has the perfect combination of pigment and micro pearls to create super-shiny look lips with volume. The formula has the same effect of juiciness that lip-gloss does, but without the stickiness, plus the high moisturation effect for your lips.” I would agree, the formula feels amazing like a lip balm on your lips and is very moisturising, however does not give off a huge hit of colour, these don't seem to be as pigmented as say the L'oreal Caresse lipsticks or the Revlon Lip Butters, but I if it's a sheer wash of colour you are after, then these are perfect.

Next up is Belle.
An absolutely gorgeous nude pink, which I think would look beautiful pared with a tan come Summertime.
These colours aren't long lasting as with a normal lipstick due to their softness but if you want a hint of colour, shiny glossy lips which look full and fabulous then these are for you. Another plus point is the price, they are £4.59, and in a Boots 3 for 2 offer. Beautiful nude, pretty moisturised glossy lips for less than a fiver? Perfect for Summer I'd say.

6 comments:

  1. I have belle and love it, the 17 mirror shine lipstick are lovely xxx

    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I'm really pleased I got a hold of them, they are lovely and natural xoxo

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colours Miss B!

    http://allthelittlethings3.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these lipsticks, my favorite is Beehive :)
    Linzi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh not seen that one will need to check it out :) x

      Delete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS