Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Product of the Month- April
 Garnier BB Cream
Carrying on from my last product of the month post where I championed the Nivea Rich Moisture body lotion, I have decided to to focus on Garnier's BB Cream for April. It definitely has been one of my must-have, everyday use products. BB or Blemish Balms were popularised in Asia initially, for providing the benefits of skincare and make up in one cream.
There are loads of BB or Blemish Balm creams on the market at the moment but I believe this one is the best. The Miracle Skin Perfecter claims to be an all in one one stop shop for your skin, perfecting blemishes, blurring imperfections providing sheer coverage whilst it moisturises the skin and gives it UV SPF 15 protection. I find it to be really moisturising and it definitely lives up to it's claim of providing 24 hr moisture and smoothing fine lines. I have pretty dry skin and this simply melts into it, leaving my skin looking hydrated and glowy, with no dry flakiness that I can get after a few hours wear of certain foundations.
I use the medium shade as I have olive skin and find this to match perfectly. It is also available in a lighter shade. The formula itself is pretty thick and a little goes a long way so you don't need to use too much to cover your whole face. I normally just apply it with my fingers and sometimes I may buff it in with one of my real techniques brushes, but it really is quick and easy to blend.
It has a lovely fruity smell, contains mineral pigments and  Vitamin C to illuminate and boost radiance. It's great for redness or uneven skin tones as it gives a sort of airbrushed effect once applied. You can see from the pictures below that once smoothed on it leaves the skin with a slight glow.
I absolutely love this, it makes my dry skin look even and glowing and it's great for when you are in a rush in the mornings, I've even used it without moisturiser at times and it's been fine, but I prefer to apply moisturiser first if I can. I'm now on my second tube, and use this when I don't use my MAC Face and Body Foundation. So it definitely makes my product of the month. It's available in Boots and Superdrug and is priced at £9.99. Superdrug are doing a special offer at the moment and you can find it here. Have any of you tried BB creams? What's your favourite face base at the moment?

 *Don't forget to enter my MAC lipstick giveaway this month! The link is here and it closes on 27th April! Good luck!*

6 comments:

  1. Would you recommend it for ppl with oily skin since it leaves your skin looking "glowy"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheri, I probably wouldn't recommend it for those with oily skin as the coverage is pretty heavy and the formula is quite thick and may feel greasy. However, you could use a primer first and then would probably have to touch up with powder to get rid of shine. Other brands to cater for oily skin though and BB creams for oily skin are available from Boots No 7, L'Oreal Lumi Magique, and MUA. I've not tried these so unsure of how good they claim to be, but hope this helps! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love this BB cream the only fault I can pick is the fact it takes a little while to dry into the skin however that just might be me though.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, my skin is pretty dry though and seems to drink it right up! xx

      Delete
  3. I really like this BB cream, I signed up for some free samples from an O2more text and received 3 samples. I'm going to buy this for the summer months instead of using foundation. Oh and it's on offer in Tesco (£7.99 instead of £9.99 for 50ml until 7 May) :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great tip! Thanks Donna x

      Delete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS