Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Sleek Glisten Me Liquid Illuminator in Empress


When I saw this new edition to the Sleek range I had to pick it up as I am a fan of anything that claims to give my skin a glow or illuminate it. Over the years I have tried lots of different highlighters and currently switch between one by Jemma Kidd, a rose gold cream based compact, and Benefit's Moon Beam. Both of which give a lovely golden shimmer to the skin. (High Beam by Benefit is pink toned and doesn't really suit my olive coloured skin).
This product contains light reflecting particles for use on the brow and cheek bones, other places I like to highlight subtly are the cupids bow on the top lip (makes them look fuller) down the centre of the nose and on the collarbones and shins- I'd like to stress that this needs to be done subtly, unless you want to look like a glitterball!
If you wanted an all over glow to the face then Glisten Me can be mixed in with your usual foundation to give it that extra oomph.
First off, I really like the packaging of this, it is glass, and has a matt black lid with a simple illustration on the front. I thought it looked more expensive than it's £5.29 price point.
On the top of the lid there is a sort of plastic spatula rather than a brush so it may be better to apply onto the back of your hand and blend with fingers to get the right amount out.
The liquid is a normal consistency and was pretty much fragrance free.
The above picture was taken with flash and you can see the subtle golden sheen it gives to my skin. The next picture was taken in daylight.
It is a pretty subtle effect but I think it works well and colour could be built up if necessary. one thing I did like about it personally was that it didn't look too frosted once blended as some highlighted can look on my skin as they are too pale or pink based. I think this shade would work well on lighter skintones as well. The illuminator comes in another shade Goddess, which looks to be more of a bronze/darker gold on the Sleek website. This will also be available from Superdrug. Another winner from Sleek in my opinion! Does anyone have a favourite highlighter product they swear by?

*Don't forget to enter my MAC lipstick giveaway this month! The link is here and it closes on 27th April! Good luck!*


10 comments:

  1. Please check out and follow my blog www.elledeesbeauty.blogspot.com xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that gives a beautiful glow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! It looks similar to benefit's new liquid highlighter, Sun Beam!! How much is it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is good and a bargain! The Sleek website says it's £5.29, I recently ordered some stuff from there and got a little mini free gift too :) x

      Delete
  4. Hi! I have an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and very inspiring posts and blog! We share the same passion so let's follow each other!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, that looks like a nice highlighter. I've been using a dupe of Moon Beam from MeMeMe cosmetics (i think it's called Beat the Blues or smth), quite a nice one, but i feel i got fed up with this.
    It's a shame our Edinburgh shops dont have a great selection of sleek make up :/ should perhaps order it online
    I did however see their new eyepencils (they have some crazy colours! such as bright lemon and burgundy, etc.) Have u checked them out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great highlighter! Good value too. Haven't seen the eye pencils yet, will need to check them out! :) x

      Delete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS