Saturday, 19 May 2012

Barry M Magnetic Nail Polish in Magnetic Violet




Magnetic polishes have been around for some time now, but I hadn't gotten round to trying them until today. I picked up one from Barry M in a deep purple shade called Magnetic Violet.
Barry M is one of my favourite drugstore brands in terms of price point and colour choice so I was looking forward to seeing what kind of effect the magnetic polish would have. 
Instructions are on the side of the bottle to keep you right with what you are meant to be doing during application. 

The magnetic lid even has a little semi-circular bit on it to make it easier to rest on your finger if you have a shaky hand! I found this really useful as it meant my nail could get really close to the magnet.
Once your second coat is on and the magnet gets to work, it only takes a few seconds for the effect to appear.
I have to admit it took me a couple of goes before I got into the swing of it and I found applying a slightly thicker second coat meant that the pattern showed up more boldly.
I really liked the unusual effect of this and may have to explore the other shades, there are only 4 Barry M magnetic polishes at the moment, each with a different design. The colours available are pretty dark and vampy, maybe more suited to winter rather than Spring/Summer, but nevertheless, I think the polish looks unique, fun and makes a change from the other dark purples I have in my collection!

The other shades can be found online here or in Boots/Superdrug stores. They are priced at £4.99
Does anyone have a favourite magnetic polish they've tried?

*Don't forget to enter my Avene skincare giveaway! It's closes on the 23rd May 2012 and the link is here * Good Luck!

9 comments:

  1. My friend has the Barry M magnetic polish and said it took absolutely ages! So I have avoided it personally, and yesterday I indulged in the Nails Inc. fishnet magnetic polish! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that sounds good, will need to check it out! I must admit I did take a few attempts for it to work :) xx

      Delete
  2. That packaging is so smart! I'm still to try magnetic polish, I'll pick some up the next time I'm out shopping. Following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! Yeah you should give them a try, a bit fiddly but fun :) xx

      Delete
  3. Great post hun I agree they are quite vampy shades, if they ever do them in pastel shades i'll be sure to grab one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I would like to see some other colours, maybe the effect doesnt show up as well on paler shades? Not sure! xx

      Delete
  4. i've been curious about magnetic polishes. btw, I'm having a 100+ Follower Urban Decay Giveaway! May 23rd is the last day to enter, so I hope you enter :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS