Thursday, 28 June 2012

CARGO 6 in the Bag by Mimi Spencer

I recently got given this fab little set as a birthday present (Thank you Cheryl!) and wanted to do a post on it as I've never used any Cargo products before.
Mimi Spencer is a fashion jouranlist and author for whom apparently Cargo created this 6 piece make up set, with "fail safe" essential products in it for everyday use.
The products come in a sturdy black case with handy pouch, mirror and a little note with tips and tricks on what to do with each product. The idea behind the set is to downsize and streamline your make up routine with a few essential items (the items are all minature which makes them really handy for carrying around or for when you are going travelling)
 Here's what's in the bag...
The Lash activator, which claims to make your lashes longer in 30 days, I can't say it does this for sure as I haven't been using it for that long, but I liked the brush and formula of this which didn't make my lashes feel clogged or clumpy.

Next up is the Lip pencil, in "Mooch" a dark neutral pink/brown colour which would pair well for most nudes to give definition and/or worn on it's own with lip balm.


The Lipgloss, in "Mimi" a non sticky gloss in a golden toned bronze/pink. I think this would look great with a tan in the summer. I really liked the colour of this, as it's not unlike colours I would normally go for for an everyday lipgloss.

The One base, concealer and foundation in one, this is a great little idea for those in a rush, I think the colour in the set (Light/Medium) was a wee bit pale for my skin. I would probably just use this as a concealer for under my eyes as it's a bit lighter rather than on my whole face but it gave great coverage and felt really creamy.
The came the Cheek Activator in "Rose", this was really interesting, it claims to lift, sculpt and plump the cheeks whilst giving a natural looking glow. It went on really light and once I'd worked it into the skin with my fingers, it left a lovely rose/pink colour and defnitely gave a glow to the skin.
Lastly was the Eyeliner in "Minx" I loved this slate brown/grey colour and the apllication was lovely soft and smudgy.
This is a great little set set for when you are in a rush, want a neutral looking face and don't want to carry very much around with you. I loved the minature sizes and great case which has survived being knocked around in my bag the past few days.  I always carry a lot of make up around with me as I'm a bit of an addict and can never decide what to put in my bag so take loads with me when I go out, so this set is a welcome bit of light luggage!

 This is great for people who don't want to spend too much time thinking about what look to go for but still want to look polished and pretty. I loved exploring these new (to me) products and will defnitely check out more of the brand in the future.
You can have a read about this product here as in the UK CARGO is available on http://www.beautybay.com/

8 comments:

  1. Great make up set! :)

    /Mie
    http://fashionandmie.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for a Liebster blog award :) check out my blog post to find out more about it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!:) I will be sure to check it out x

      Delete
  3. This set looks really nice and all the colours are what I would opt for. Love the sound of Cheek Activator and wouldn't mind trying this out myself :)
    Great descriptive post! X

    Tia

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tia! Yeah it's a handy little neutral set :) x

      Delete
  4. I love the look of the Cheek Activator!

    I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, yay!
    Take a look at my blog post if you’re interested!
    Amy xx
    http://alittleboatsailing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I will take a look :) xoxo

      Delete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS