Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Soap +Glory "A Great Kisser" lip balm in Chocolate Cherry

Soap and Glory are are a British beauty brand known for their cheeky and award- winning range of products and have everything from bath and body items to lipgloss. 
This lipbalm is one of 3 new ones in the range, the others are Sweet Coconut, a clear balm with a hint of shimmer, and Juicy Peach, a sheer, milky peach. True to form, it comes in fab retro packaging; a substantial tin with cute pin- up style photo on it.
The lipbalm is slightly tinted and is a sheer pink colour once applied to the skin.

Soap and Glory state that "This lipbalm is packed with mango butter to moisturise, apricot butter for weather protection, lingonberry oil to boost the barrier repair (and prevent water loss) and pomegranate extract to renew your 'dewy'" aside from these yummy ingredients, it has an amazing sweet cocoa and fruity cherry smell and taste as well.
It is marketed as not being too waxy, slippy or sticky and I would have to agree (although I did read a couple of online reviews where people weren't happy with the consistency) and when I bought it in Boots I noticed that Soap and Glory do not provide testers of these instore, stating that lipbalm testers never look good so they just provide a description of them instead...however I was not disappointed once I got it home and tried it. The formula is lovely and thick and felt great on the skin. It does last pretty well and doesn't slide off after half an hour like some lipglosses.
 At £5 it's not the cheapest lipbalm out there and although I love the packaging, tint and smell of it, it wont steer me away from my old faithful staples like Carmex or Burts Bees in terms of providing moisture to cracked and dry lips; but I still think it's a fun product for days when you want a natural shine and gloss to your pout! It's a great alternative to lipstick for the Summer months as well. Soap and Glory Products are available in Boots stores and online here
Has anyone else tried the other flavours and tints?

8 comments:

  1. Love the look of this, I've never seen them but will have a look next time I'm in Boots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I have the peach one too and love it :) x

      Delete
  2. It's a nice to see a positive review of this, I've seen a few where people have said it is too sticky! I've been really curious by them as well as this was an interesting read! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed reading :) You should check them out X

      Delete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS