Saturday, 21 July 2012

Glamour freebie: Balance Me Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve

UK readers may have noticed the Balance Me freebies that are available with August's issue of Glamour. I picked up one which had the Rose Otto lip salve to test out what it was like.
Balance Me are "natural, high-performance, paraben and sulphate free, aromatherapy skincare products, made in the UK" I had never tried any of their products before but Glamour were offering a selection of products to try including Balancing Face Moisturiser, Wonder Eye Cream, Pure Face Wash or Rose Otto Lip Salve.
Anyway, onto the Lip salve, it's a full size 10ml tube, which normally retails at £12. Balance Me state the balm is a  " petroleum-free, 100% natural ultra-moisturising intensive lip salve. A daily beauty-must for salve addicts to plump, protect and smooth away dry patches on lips and leave them kiss-ably soft. We’ve blended super hydrating 100% natural hyaluronic acid and highly emollient and protective pharma grade lanolin to plump and smooth; our trio of organic Shea, mango and cocoa butters to soften and protect against the elements; vitamin and essential fatty acid-laden rose hip, jojoba and virgin coconut oils to soothe and hydrate with rose otto, rose geranium and palma Rosa to calm and balance."



A lot of information to take in, but I love the fact that it's petroleum free, as I find products that contain it, like Vaseline just sit on your lips, acting as a barrier rather than penetrating and truly moisturising the skin. I loved the slanted applicator which minimised mess and was hygienic. When applied to the skin it gave a clear sheen like gloss but didn't feel sticky and was still moisturising.
The smell was quite strong and as expected floral, which I liked but may be a bit much for people who like a more subtle smelling product on their lips. This was a really nice product to use and feels like a bit of a treat, I'm not sure I would pay £12 for a lipbalm usually, but as a freebie in a magazine I think it's fab! Did anyone else pick up the August Glamour and get another product?
Balance Me products and stockist can be found on their webpage

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I bought the mag with the face wash and the lip salve too and oh my I think they both absolutely stinks! I don't know whether it's just pregnancy causing havoc with my sense of smell though haha.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a shame! Maybe they just smell too strong :S xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh I missed this unfortunately! But looks like a fab little freebie, I may have to have a splurge and give it a go :)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Magazine is still in the shops I think as it's the August issue x

      Delete
  3. I actually quite like the smell of this and I think it's such a nice lip balm :) Great review xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the smell too, it's quite strong but still nice :) xx

      Delete
  4. I purchased the copy with the face wash and I'm considering trying to get hold of the one with the lip salve too after reading your review.

    New follower. xx

    http://thebeautyspotx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much :) now following back! xx

      Delete
  5. Wow for £12 I would expect to look like Angelina Jolie!! Maybe I'll just go pick it up in Glamour instead :)

    Great review! I'm now following!

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! Now following back :) xx

      Delete

© FABUGLOSS. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig