Sunday, 1 July 2012

June Empties

Here's a quick run-down of the products I used up this month.

  1. Johnson's Face care daily essentials eye make up removal pads: I got these initially as I was going away for the weekend and thought it would cut down on taking a bottle of eye make up remover and cotton wool, as the pads come already coated and in a handy tub. This is where the good stuff ends unfortunately. The pads claim to remove even waterproof mascara which for me wasn't true. I don't wear waterproof mascara everyday and after using these I still woke up looking like a panda with black smudges everywhere! I won't be buying these again as for me, they just didn't do the job. £3.29
  2. Batiste dry shampoo: I use this regularly as, being a curly but fine and sometimes limp at the roots haired girl, I wash my hair every other day, ( if wash it daily and it frizzes up and goes really soft and unmanageable) a few sprays of this and my hair has body and a bit of oomph. Whenever someone at work says my hair looks nice, I have always had a cheeky spray of this in the morning. Fact. I even use it on freshly washed hair to give texture and volume.£2.99
  3. Oilatum Natural Repair face cream: I use this sometimes on my dry skin as it gives a moisture boost without being too greasy so you can apply make up straight after. I would only recommend this for fellow dry skinned people though. £7.65
  4. Herbal Essences Uplifting Volume for fine/normal hair: I tried this out as the conditioner I was using was a bit thick, (this is the problem with having fine but curly hair, conditioner for curls tends to be moisture boosting and can sometimes be a bit too much for my hair leaving it looking greasy and flat) this consistency of this however was perfect. I will definitely re-purchase.  £3.49 for 400ml
  5. No 7 Protect and Perfect Beauty Serum: This is the 2nd tube of this I've gotten through and I love the way it makes my skin feel, but I have to confess I don't always remember to put it on when I'm rushing to get ready! When I remember I layer it underneath my moisturiser (the day cream from the Protect and Perfect range) and I'm good to go. I definitely think that using a serum has made a difference to the softness of my skin and made it smoother, and although it's not cheap I think it's worth the money + I want to keep those fine lines and any future ones away for as long as possible! £21
So there you have my June empties!

14 comments:

  1. I love empties posts. Its so great to be able to see what did/didn't work on real people. Great review. Cant wait to see future posts.
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Glad you liked the post! x

      Delete
  2. Quite fancy trying out oilatum, especially in the evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I got it after watching the tutorials on Pixiwoo's Youtube channel, (they are fab!) and one of the girls who does them has dry skin and talked about using it. It's pretty good. I also like Embryolisse cream as well but have to buy it online as think you can only get it in France! xx

      Delete
  3. Would you be repurchasing any of the product. I'm looking for a new dry shampoo and I was interested in the Baptiste dry shampoo.

    Samantha (Nail Art Couture)
    Drop by and Enter my Julep Intro Box Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha, I always use Baptiste so will definitely be re-purchasing that! The only thing I will say when using it is make sure you rub it in really well as when you have dark hair as I do you don't want to end up with white patches where you have sprayed the shampoo! It's easy to rub in with your fingers and they also do a coloured one I think for people with darker hair :) x

      Delete
  4. I have hear such good things about batiste, I need to pick one up.
    Girl Meets Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I think it's great. x

      Delete
  5. I bought that Herbal Essences product as a two in one product with the shampoo and conditioner, and I'm really hoping it works well! Great post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love the smell of the Herbal Essence shampoos and conditioners! xoxo

      Delete
  6. June empties!! Thats so cute, I love it!

    I'm super curious about the No7 beauty serum... gonna get some next time I'm at Target!

    Great post!!
    Now following, I'll be back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! I'll be sure to check out your blog :) xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks for your sweet comment :) very nice blog. Cant believe I wasnt following you :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS