Monday, 16 July 2012

Stila Acai Crush Lip and Cheek Stain



After a bit of a hiatus from the shops here in the UK some of you will notice that Stila is now back. I for one am glad as I absolutely love their convertible colour and am a devotee of the Gladiola bright orange shade. 
Whilst being a total lipgloss girl I recently received a cheek and lip stain for my birthday last month and wanted to do a post on it here to show it off.

The Acai berry is a super fruit, and Stila claim that:
" Acai is celebrated for its high levels of antioxidants and immunity-boosting powers. It also helps protect cells from free radical damage to keep skin looking younger longer. 
This Crush delivers a rich, vibrant red colour- a not-so-subtle but still perfectly sheer stain that is super long-lasting. "
The pen has a brush applicator, which with a few clicks fills with product and you can apply straight to your lips. I use my fingers to apply the colour to my cheeks.
The lip stains come in 8 different shades but this particular one is a vibrant red berry colour. It is sheer but super long lasting and give a bright pop of colour.
These first swatches show the effect when applied straight from the brush. The next pictures below, show a more subtle effect when the formula is smudged on with my finger. Stila also claim

"Acai Crush also happens to be super smart, too. The formula reacts with the pH level of the skin to create the perfect pop of colour on the lips and the cheeks that is uniquely you." So this colour may look different on different skins!
You can see how different the effects are. I would say that it's important to work quickly when using this product as it dries pretty quickly and is really long lasting. Here is a shot below of my hand (and finger used to apply) after several minutes of washing!
So the product does last and a little goes a long way. The lip stains are priced at £16 and can be found here
I love the colour of this and will definitely be using it as a change from lipgloss/lipstick when I don't want to keep re-applying all night, as this will stay on through several hours. What's your favourite lip/cheek stains?

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Wow the colour is amazing! Lovely post xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow is that pigmented! I've never tried a stain before so its nice to see a review on one. Lovely colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the hot pink colour of it! x

      Delete
  3. Nice review :)
    You've got yourself a new follower!
    Mind following me back?
    http://girlsandbeyond.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've stopped by your blog and left a comment :) xx

      Delete
  4. your blog is absolutely gorgeous(((:

    Wanna follow each other? let me know: follow me and I will follow you back!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for stopping by, I've followed back :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love these stain lipsticks that stay on for several hours. I have one of these too, but I guess its revelon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are long lasting, I will need to check the Revlon ones out! xx

      Delete
  6. I absolutely adore your blog. The makeup is wonderful and I'll really love to try that out!

    Following u now via Goggle +. Follow me back if you like! ♥
    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be sure to stop by your blog :) xx

      Delete

© FABUGLOSS. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig