Sunday, 19 August 2012

August Glossybox: Goodbye!




 Well, the time has come for me and Glossybox to part ways for now. I just cancelled my subscription. Like so many others I am just not that excited about the products I was sent this month (and some other months to be honest) It just feels as if the products often fall short of the "luxury, high end" spec that apparently Glossybox is supposed to deliver. I hate to be too negative but this has been my experience recently and from reading various posts online from a lot of disappointed customers I felt it was best to vote with my cash and unsubscribe until I feel the boxes are worth investing in again. This month's box is meant to be based on International Superstar products, (Er lipcote and nail whitener anyone?) but I felt that this wasn't the case, in addition I got a muddy pink lipstick, Glossybox own brand, a  pretty horrible cheap looking and feeling Spanish eyeshadow palette that looks like it came from the bargain bin at my local chemist. I did receive a DHC facial oil and all for Eve balm which were OK  but I can say that the other products in there will just sit in a drawer. I'm all for trying out new products and can usually find something positive to say about things but credit where it's due, and I don't feel it's really due here as the products I receive don't seem to match the profile I've given to Glossybox about my interests, skin type etc. I know it's £12 a month and you can't grumble too much but £12 is still £12 a month for stuff that isn't really exciting me too much.
I will continue with my ShesaidBeauty box as I've enjoyed that so far and wait for Glossybox to up their game a little. I do love the idea of a monthly beauty box and want to look forward to the different products every month, has anyone got any tips on another box I can subscribe to instead? What did everyone else get in their Glossybox this month?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. You should try Lux Box :) I love it! Lux Box and She Said Beauty are my favourites. If it helps, I actually did a comparison post between six UK beauty boxes! http://www.tattooedtealady.com/2012/08/a-complete-guide-to-beauty-subscription.html xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check it out and am heading to read your post right now. I def need to find something better :) xx

      Delete
  2. I cancelled my sub last week. The eyeshadow palette push me over the edge for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you and since cancelling my membership a few months back I have to say that I have never seen a box yet that made me regret cancelling! I do however have 800 Glossydots so might join up again at Christmas just to get me dots and a free box! hehehe

    I miss the Carmine boxes!!

    Tia xxx

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! And good plan on the Glossydots :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I cancelled my subscription last month, so glad I did after seeing what everyone got in this months box. I've subscribed to She Said Beauty instead and so far love it :) x

    bluebutterfly80.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I totally agree. I subscribe to She Siad Beauty and I love that so far. I have just signed up to LUX Box on Tattooed Tealady's recommendation :) xx

      Delete

© FABUGLOSS. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig