Friday, 24 August 2012

Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in Endless Purple



 Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo shadows came out in the UK earlier this year and I recently tried one in the shade Endless Purple. I must admit I don't have a lot of stuff from Maybelline and usually just buy the mascaras so thought I would expand and try these out after hearing a lot about them. I was instantly drawn to this bright vibrant colour when I saw it in Boots, and I found the formula to be quite similar to the Paint pots from MAC which I love.
The creamy formula can be used as a base, shadow or eyeliner. I'm not sure about the claim that it lasts for 24 hrs as I didn't try this out but it did last really well only creasing slightly after a few hours wear compared to some other cream shadows I have tried.
A tip would be to apply this with a brush, buff it in and perhaps used a primer or prep your eyelids with a little drop of foundation before application to help it cling to the skin for longer.

 You can see from the swatch the vibrancy of this purple when the colour is built up. I love how bright and pigmented this was on application. It's definitely got a blue tone to it and looks more lilac when lightly applied to the skin for a pretty wash of colour as you can see from the swatch.
Priced at £4.99 these are a reasonably priced alternative to MAC paint points and come in 6 different shades. They are widely available at Boots and Superdrug stores.


4 comments:

  1. this is a gorgeous shade! I love my colour tattoos!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love how bright this one is, will need to check out the other shades :)

      Delete
  2. I think this is such a pretty colour but I heard this particular shade wasn't as pigmented as the others and a bit streaky and patchy when applied. Maybe it's one you have to go over a few times to get the desired opacity. I do love the Maybelline Color Tattoos, especially Bad to the Bronze :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will need to check the bronze one out, I did have to build the colour up on this one with my fingers to get it looking opaque. Think the finished colour is great though :)

      Delete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS