Tuesday, 28 August 2012

MUA Lipstick shade 2 a possible dupe for MAC Impassioned?

What can you get for £1?... not much!  Readers in the UK will know that Superdrug have a bargain make up range exclusive to them available in their stores in the form of MUA. Most items are £1, including mascaras, lipsticks, eyeshadows and blushers.
At first I was a bit sceptical about what a lipstick priced at £1 could offer but I was pleasantly surprised with this. I bought shade 2, a bright blue toned fuchsia pink.
The packaging is pretty basic plastic but not totally unattractive, and it has a disc at the bottom of the tube which shows the colour for easy reference when it's floating around beside other black tubes of lipstick and you can't find what you are looking for! You can also pop this little bit off the bottom of the lipstick (see pic below)and it has a small amount of lipstick in the pot. Not exactly sure why this is but I guess it means there's always a bit extra after you have finished the tube! 
Shade 2 is a bright fuchsia, the lipstick is highly pigmented and went onto the skin easily as I found thet formula to be quite soft.
Just to show how pigmented it is in the picture below I have swatched MAC's Impassioned lipstick (which is one of my favourites from MAC) on the right.
MUA (on the left) is ever so slightly more blueish in tone but I would say it's a pretty good dupe for the MAC lipstick at a fraction of the price! What do you guys think?

There are plenty more shades in the range to choose from and for £1, I would say it's a pretty decent bargain. I plan on stocking up on some more MUA products in the future. It's certainly one good inexpensive way of trying out colours you may not have usually. Go on, be brave with one of the bright shades for the price of less than most magazines! The MUA range is available in Superdrug and online here
If you want to check out some my thoughts on other MUA products just type MUA into the "search this blog" bar on the right hand side. 


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Wow, it's really hard to tell the difference! MUA have def hit the market with their fab products and great priced products! :) Great find!!!

    Tia

    xxx

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love MUA for a bargain or two! Xx

      Delete
  2. I love the MUA lipsticks, I have all shades and think they're such great value for money :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! They are fab for the money x

      Delete
  3. It looks a little bit like MAC Girl about town. £1?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does! I know right £1!? It's a bargain :) x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous colors! Definitely a good bargain buy! xx

    http://www.twentiesgirlstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Can't say better than £1! xx

      Delete
  5. I cannot get over what good value for money MUA are. You really can't get much for your money these days, but MUA are spot on with their products. I mean, eyeshadow palettes for £3!? And they are brilliant quality! I haven't tried any of their lipsticks yet and didn't realise they were only £1! I'm going to stock right up on those next time I'm in Superdrug!
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!It's it's such a good range! X

      Delete

© FABUGLOSS. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig