Sunday, 9 September 2012

August Favourites

So Summer is nearly (lets face it, already in Scotland) over and Autumn is on it's way. I love Summer but also feel quite excited by the prospect of crisp mornings and falling leaves, and new Autumn clothes! Before I get too excited about September, here's a round up of my favourite products from August.

Batiste Dry Shampoo for brown/dark hair
I do love my dry shampoo and whilst I'm not crazy about this ones smell, as a dark haired girl, I love how this one doesn't leave me with white marks that I have to really rub to get rid of!

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Body Scrub
I have always loved the Palmers body butter, so invested in this scrub. It smells amazing, and is so moisturising on my skin. It's so rich, creamy and packed with Shea and Cocoa butter, real crushed cocoa beans to scrub away at dry skin. I can't say enough how much I love this!

The Sanctuary Therapist Facial Oil
Used in Sanctuary Spa facials, this oil gives and extra "youth boosting" shot of moisture. I've been using it at night before my night cream. When I wake up my skin is soft and glowing. It's really given my dry skin a boost.



Revlon Lipglosses in Pink Crystals and Coral Reef
I find these colours really easy to wear for everyday and think peachy coral tones always work for a natural/pretty daytime look. These glosses have little bits of shimmer in them making your lips plump and glossy.

MAC Creamsheen Glass in On the Scene
This pale nude gloss has no shimmer, but the formula is so lovely, smells good and wear off well. It looks good alone or on top of a nude lipstick for extra polish.

NARS Laguna Bronzer
Loads has been said about this on various blogs, I've been using it for a couple of months now and really like the subtle difference it makes to my skin, with hardly any shimmer to it, the matt shade is good for contouring and giving me a healthy glow without looking too "done".

Real Techniques Stippling Brush
I really like these brushes and this one has been my go to brush for applying my foundation in August. I alternate between this one and the Buffing brush as well. 

MOP Pear Shampoo
This smells soooo good! An extra gentle mild shampoo which left my hair soft and smelling great. I need to be careful with most shampoos as I have a pretty sensitive scalp, but this one contains soothing aloe and is suitable for children and toddlers so isn't harsh.



MAC Powersurge Eye Pencil
This metallic bronze/brown pencil is great for when you don't want to use a harsh black, it's also great for creating a metallic smokey eye.

Clinique Take The Day off remover for Lids, Lips and Lashes
I use a mixture of skincare but this last month I went back to an old staple of mine for removing stubborn eye and lip make up. I find that this really does the trick for me, especially at getting rid of stubborn bright lipsticks and dark eyeshadows. It doesn't irritate my eyes like some removers do. It's not cheap but you only need a small amount and you don't need to rub endlessly with it to remove your mascara etc.

MAC Eyeshadows
L-R, Parfait Amour, Satellite Dreams, Creme de Violet, Beauty Marked.
I had these in a pro palette but it was a bit cracked so thought I would take them out of it for the photos! I love wearing purple on my eyes (which are dark brown) as an alternative to a smokey eye I like using purple or shades of green or navy when I get bored of grey/black. The dark shade Beauty Marked is great just on it's own for a smokey eye effect as it's a dark aubergine colour flecked with glitter, for a little twist on the traditional smokey look. (Tanya Burr recently did a smokey eye tutorial using this, google her tutorials and check it out if you like tutorial vids :) 

So that's it for my August favourites, here's to finding some more great products in Autumn!



10 comments:

  1. Lovely to see NARS Laguna in your favourites :) Such an amazing bronzer and well worth the hype! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the pear shampoo! Also excited to see that Palmers do a body scrub as I had no idea, I love the Cocoa Butter so this is definitely one to pop on my shopping list.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes both the scrub aand the shampoo smell great! I'm loving the scrub at the moment :) xx

      Delete
  3. I really like the dry shampoo for brown hair! It definitely is better than the others so you don't look like you have a dusty head! haha

    http://deonnep.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. They look really good with brown eyes! x

      Delete
  5. Lovely post, the facial oil sounds good :) xx

    thewondersofwardrobes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been good for my dry skin definitely! x

      Delete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS