Sunday, 30 September 2012

Look Beauty Statement Eyes in Khaki



 Look magazine is one of my favourite weekly reads for the the fashion spreads (especially the way they inspire readers to put outfits together) and I love reading the beauty reviews and make up features. I knew they had started doing their own make up range and spotted it in Superdrug the other day. The magazine claim to be the first to have pooled all their beauty industry knowledge and resources to launch their own make up range so I was curious to find out if the products were any good.
 Their Statement eyeshadows are currently half price (reduced down to £2 from £4!), there are  30 shades and I was drawn to this sludgy/metallic olive green colour.The packaging is simple and sturdy, a clear perspex cube, which makes the shadow easy to find and the shade clearly visible in the depths of my make up bag!
I have to say I was so impressed with how pigmented and soft this shadow was. You could easily apply a sheer wash over the lid or build it up and smudge it to create a smokey eye. I personally love doing a smokey eye with a metallic colour alongside my usual grey/black as I think it gives it extra depth, and can stop it looking too flat.
Khaki is a gorgeous dark green but has a lot of golden shine to it, without feeling gritty or like their are bits of glitter falling off, once it was applied to the skin, it stayed put.
I was really surprised and pleased with this, as the colour payoff and blendability was so good, and it was a bargain as they are half price at the moment! I'll definitely be stocking up on some more of these. There are a wide range of products by Look so if the eyeshadow is anything to go by, I'll be having a look at the other items in the future. You can check out the range here.
Look Beauty is available online and in Superdrug stores.


2 comments:

  1. Wow the pigmentation is absolutely amazing!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shimmer to the shade!
    Would love you to check out my latest post :)
    Happy Monday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS