Thursday, 13 September 2012

Lux Box August

 After a little wait I finally received my first Luxbox today! Some readers may know that after receiving several what I thought were pretty disappointing Glossyboxes I was looking for another beauty box to subscribe to.  I chose Luxbox on the recommendation of other beauty bloggers who had had a good experience with them so here is what I got in my first Luxbox!
 The box came nicely packaged in pink and black packaging not dissimilar to Glossybox.


The products inside were as follows:

 Skinkind Cosmetics Unique Deep Skin Moisturiser 10mls:  Although suitable for all skin types this cream is particularly suited to dry or mature skin to leave it feeling nourished. This had quite a perfumed powdery scent which I quite liked but others may not be so keen on. Although the cream had a very light consistency it left my dry skin feeling moisturised. rrp£24.95 for 50mls

Immerse Me Face Mask b.liv by Cellnique: This is a moisturising face mask/salve for dry + dehydrated skin to provide lasting moisture hydration. I'm really looking forward to trying this out especially now that the colder weather is on it's way and my already dry skin will need to face the perils of cold weather outside and central heating when indoors. rrp £9.50 for pk of 7

Betty Hula Champagne and Spice Shea Butter Moisturising Cream: 100% natural and ethically sourced, this body cream is part of the vintage styled, multi purpose skincare range from Betty Hula. I loved the smell of this cream and the mousse like texture was lovely on my skin. I would definitely think about buying it in a bigger size as I have a bit of thing for lovely smelling body lotions and creams which are thick and moisturising, as this is, my skin was so soft and velvety after using it! rrp £14.99-£15.99

Murad Oil Free Sunscreen SPF 30:
This sunscreen prevents signs of premature ageing caused by environmental exposure by delivering high SPF protection while providing intense hydration with an oil-free matte finish. Its easily absorbed formula protects and restores the skin.  Pomegranate extract and vitamin E deliver essential antioxidants and moisture to keep skin soft and supple and micro minerals provide an oil-free matte finish. Although living in Scotland I don't get to see much sun, I always try to wear SPF on my face and look for it whenever buying a moisturiser. If on holiday I would think about using something like this as it was really lightweight and left my skin with a lovely glow (despite the packaging saying it was matte ?!). Perfect for hot weather when you want your skin to look great but don't want to slather on loads of make up in the heat. It had a bit of a herbal smell which I wasn't fond of but I found that once it was rubbed into the skin the smell was very faint and I hardly noticed it. A really nice feeling product rrp£27.00

Black & White Genuine Pluko: This hair dressing pomade claims to provide long lasting hold and texture to the hair. It smelt lovely and sort of like baby powder and I loved the retro packaging but I thought this was a bit of a random addition to the box for me personally as I would never really use something like this on my medium length naturally curly hair! I would think it would be much more suited to shorter styles of guys who use wax/putty products. I tested some of it out and it didn't really do anything to my hair and sort of melted away in my fingers but when I tried putting some on my boyfriend I noticed it gave his straight hair a bit of texture. So I shall be donating this to him! rrp £4.99

 So that was my Luxbox goodies for this month! I was really pleased with the products I got and thought the customer service was good as I got a really speedy response when I had a delivery query which is always good. One month's subscription costs £10 plus £2.95 pp. You can read more about Luxbox on their website 

 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FABUGLOSS. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig