Friday, 7 September 2012

NARS lipstick in Barbarella

A little while ago some of you may remember I posted about a NARS haul that I did, a little bit overdue, but here's the post on the lipstick I picked up that day.
NARS Barbarella is a peachy, glossy lipstick. It's one of the 30 shades that come in the sheer formula. I'd had my eye on this lipstick for a while after seeing it whilst on a shopping trip with a friend down in London, after trying it on I wasn't sure, as I have lots of peachy lipsticks but the colour totally grew on my and I bought one as soon as I got back home. 

NARS describes this lipstick as "A beautifully sheer formula infused with ingredients to improve the condition of the lips. Sheer, long lasting color pigments have been suspended in this translucent formula to provide a sophisticated shine" it won  "Best Overall Lipstick” 2010 & 2011 InStyle "Best Beauty Buys” and has a  patented blend of conditioners and antioxidants hydrate, nourish and protect lips.
You can see from the swatches that it's a gorgeous, subtle peach/pink and that the formula is very sheer, it glides on and feels really smooth on the lips. As it's sheer, I would say that you have to reapply more often than you would a matte or stain formula but I found that applying it over a nude lipliner (applied lightly over your lips) helps the colour cling a bit more. I prefer just wearing the lipstick alone for a soft glossy natural look.
I really love this lipstick and although it's the first one I have bought from NARS, it definitely wont be the last. (Think I'm looking for a matte super bright hot pink colour next...) Barbarella is priced at £17.50 and is available from NARS counters nationwide.

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous shade, I have yet to try the Nars lip products!
    Even though it's very sheer, it has good pigmentation. Lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely colour, and it looks really moisturising too. I haven't yet tried a Nars lippy but have been really wanting to, shame they are so pricey though as lip colours can be easy to get wrong since you can't really try them on before buying.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice on. They are a bit pricey I admit, I actually went in to a House of Frasers to get some NARS stuff and the assistant was lovely, she wasn't pressurising at all and did wonders on me with a few products (I went in suffering with a hangover and looked human and glossy afterwards!) It was a miracle :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Nars is definitely one of my favourite makeup brands. This is such a pretty colour, and your review is so informative. I must make sure to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment! Glad you liked the review :) I usually stick to MAC for when I want to treat myself to more expensive products but am wanting to try more NARS products now :) xx

      Delete
  4. My friend has this one and I tried it on once, super pretty colour :) If I had to choose one NARS lipstick, it would be Barbarella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just followed you! :) haha but woww this is really pretty and glossy! too bad Nars lippies are super expensive. One day I will splurge on them...one day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought NARS lipsticks were over £20 but not that much more than a MAC one relly! Great colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I agree I love the shade! They aren't cheap but not too crazy expensive either, Tom Ford Lippies, £36 or something? Now that's an expensive lippy, one for the xmas list :) xx

      Delete
  7. lovely colour! followed you in gfc, hope you can follow back! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS