Saturday, 22 December 2012

Lux Box December 2012

At this time of the year it's always nice to get a little "gift" for yourself after all the dashing around present buying so I was chuffed that my monthly LuxBox came through the door today just in time for Christmas! I'm currently feeling loaded with the cold and a sore throat so some of these pampering treats will come in handy for a cosy weekend in before the big day on Tuesday :)


 LuxBox was recommended to me by another blogger when I was looking for a good subscription box to sign up to. I had been disappointed with my Glossyboxes for a while and wanted to try something else. I am really impressed with LuxBox so far, this is the third box I have had from them and I've been impressed by the size quality and range  of products that come in them. The boxes are £10 and it's another £2.95 for postage and packaging. Every month there are discount codes inside should you want to buy any of the products inside. Onto the products in this month's box...
1. Sheer Cover Base Perfecter Primer. Full size sample given rrp £21.95 I'm excited to try this for a night h=out when I want my make up to really last. It also claims to smooth out the appearance of pores and fine lines as well.
2. Mashooq's deep penetrating Oil. rrp £7.99 for 100ml sample given 25mls. I've never used a hair oil before as I was worried it may make my fine hair limp but I will give this a try to help my Winter parched locks out!
3. Green People Fruit Scrub. rrp £11.95 for 50mls sample given 25mls. This is an apricot scrub, with Mandarin and Bergamot oil, I will have a go and see if it will lure me away from my ever faithful St Ives Apricot scrub which I have been using for years. Somehow I doubt it as I love it so much!
4. Sheer Cover Smokey Eye Shadow Palette. rrp £20.95. Sample given Full size palette. Next up was this palette pictured below

six smokey eye shades in silver grey and purple tones. Just from testing on my finger these shadows have a nice consistency and are pretty subtle in terms of pigmentation. Probably good for subtle contouring and shading on first impressions but the colours are really pretty. (Apologies I had to use a flash here as it was so dark in my living room when taking these photos thanks to the lovely December weather outside!)
5. Last up was the Ancienne Ambiance Luxury Goddess Gift Soap. in Honey and Almond Milk. These soaps are pricey at £14 per bar, in the box you get a full size bar and  could smell this as soon as I opened the box up it was so highly perfumed with an almond sweet marzipan smell. Now personally, I'm not a fan of marzipan so I find this a little off putting and would have perhaps preferred another scent but for those that love sweet almond smells this is perfect and it smells so luxurious. 
So there you have it for the December LuxBox, did anyone else get a LuxBox this month?

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I had a green people moisturiser in a glossy box a while ag and loved it, let us know about the scrub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the scrub, it left my skin smooth but I felt there werent enough little grains and a "scrubby" feel to it... just a personal preference! Skin felt lovely afterwards though :)

      Delete
  2. oh no, i hope you feel better soon! i've never come across this box before, that eyeshadow palette is a very generous sample! lovely blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a great addition to a beauty box I thought! Thanks for your comment :) xx

      Delete
  3. i love those natural shades of eye shadows, they are great for everyday :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© FABUGLOSS. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig