Saturday, 26 April 2014

Supercat Eyeliner Pen by Soap + Glory


I don't know about you guys but for me there are some things (fashion and make up things in particular) in life that you could spend ages searching for. These are usually the classic items like the perfect coat, pair of wear all the time jeans, red lipstick, and... black eyeliner. I have long been a fan of kohl pencils as I love that deep smudgy dark look they can create but from time to time a girl wants a clean line, and the ability to create a sexy winged eye make up look. For that, liquid liner is your best friend. Here are my mixed thoughts on the Supercat Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen...


I've slowly been getting into the make up items from Soap + Glory having tried a lot of their body care (which smells so good! Try out their Sugar Crush body scrub, you wont regret it). I had been finding liquid liner pretty difficult to apply with a brush or brush applicator so I thought I would try a pen after a few lovely people on twitter suggested that this was easier to apply. They were right, the control you get with this pen is amazing and you an create a thin line or a thicker flick "cat eyed" look without the tip becoming splayed or wobbly.



However....one of the problems I did have with this was that as the day wore on I did find the formula transferred around my lids and faded. I was (and still am) looking for a super dark black thick opaque liner that doesn't budge, but unfortunately on me this did. Even when I used a primer and nude base shadow it just seemed to move around my lids. Other people have said differently in reviews online but I did see a couple who said the same as me. You can check out the Soap +Glory page here

For this reason the liner only looked good for a couple of hours before I became frustrated with it as I was having to check if it had transferred onto my lids. In the swatches below you can see that when first swatched it comes out pretty black, however, I found that this didn't last on my skin. 



I loved the way this liner applied as I found it a lot easier than some other drugstore ones I had tried (including L'Oreal) but the formula itself didn't match up which is a shame. My search will continue! Have any of you tried this pen or other pen liners? Would love to know your thoughts on this one if you have tried it or recommendations for others?

The Soap +Glory Supercat Liner is £6 and available at Boots.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Bourjois Liner Feutre? And the Smashbox one is really good as well, really black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh not tried either of those... will have a look for the Bourjois one today... all recommendations welcome! Thanks xx

      Delete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS