Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Hot Weather Make Up Picks

Phew! It's been a scorcher the last week or so, 26 degrees in Scotland is pretty rare... so in the spirit of Summer sun, I thought I would share with you my picks for what to wear when the temperature rises...and they are nearly all drugstore products, result!


First up is base, and I have been loving the Bourjois123 Perfect CC Cream. It's light texture blends over the skin easily blurring imperfections such as dark spots, signs of fatigue and redness. It's lightweight, but hydrating and I think it just gives enough coverage for warm days when you want your skin to look good, but not feel as if you have a heavy base on. It also contains an SPF of 15. I have it in the shade Rose Beige.


I tend not to use powder normally as I like my skin to look dewy, but sometimes on hot days you need a bit of coverage on the t-zone and Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder is great. The shade I have here is translucent and just deals with any shine. 

For cheeks I like to use a cream blush most of the time. The zingy Cream Colour base by MAC is Virgin Isle. Whilst it looks a bit scary in the pan, it can be applied lightly and built up. It also looks great on tanned skin and can be worn on the lips.



For eyes again a cream shadow is great as it takes seconds to apply and can be done with your fingers. I am absolutely loving the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze at the moment. It is such a flattering colour which will suit most eye and skin colours. If you want to "set" it and make it last even longer, you can apply a powder shadow over the top in a similar shade. This also intensifies the colour. I like pairing it with "Toasted" powder shadow by Urban Decay, which can be found in the original Naked Palette.





For lips, a slick of gloss is usually all you need, some of my favourites recently have been the Maybelline Colour Sensational Shine Gloss. 



l-r: Fuchsia Flash, Coffee Kiss.

So there you have it, a quick round up of my current picks for the warmer weather... hope it lasts! What are your favourite products for Summer?




10 comments:

  1. Rimmel's Stay Matte powder is a smart idea! I've been wanting to try it out but I still haven't got my hands on it.

    Jen xx
    jentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cc cream and powder :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather is so beautiful right now - it's amazing! Who knew Scotland could even get this warm... When it's really really hot I try to avoid wearing make up, but if I absolutely have to I always make sure I have a bottle of Mac's Fix+ handy to set it and refresh it during the day x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey are you in Summer in Scotland? I only ask because I had to have a lighthearted giggle when you said it is a scorcher at 26 degrees. It gets wonderfully hot in Australia in Summer sometimes 47 degrees. Haha we are in the beginning of Winter and its about an average of 21 degrees here. Love your post by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, sad but true that 26 degrees is classed as a scorcher! Thanks for your comment :) x

      Delete
  5. I love that colour tatoo for hot days, no fuss and looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many classics! Love this post
    http://londonbeautyjunkie.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS