Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Kiss + Blush in no. 5 "Rouge Effrontee"


Corals and orange tones always get me thinking about Summer and sunshine in general. Even if there's none to be seen in the sky here in the UK, you can try out the gorgeous Kiss + Blush hybrid lip and cheek colour from YSL. Pucker up!...


Kiss +Blush is a lip and cheek product which comes in 12 shades, I was drawn to number 5 as I tend to like peachy corals on my cheeks and orange lips are everywhere this season. The colour comes with a doe foot applicator which I found great to use on the lips like a regular gloss, but a bit more difficult to apply on the cheeks. This was as the colour was really pigmented, the applicator meant that unless I blended it out fast I was left with dots of intense colour where I had first applied it! YSL do recommend blending the product on your cheeks with your fingers for a soft, natural look.



 Blending problems aside, I found the colour to be soft, and easy to build if you wanted a more intense colour, as shown below.



YSL describe the finish as "matte luminous", it's creamy, rather than glossy, and was definitely less drying than other lip/cheek formulas I have previously tried. Due to it being a bit more moisturising, it lasted slightly less longer than some other formulas but I still felt it faded to a nice stain and didn't mind this at all.

 I also find that apart from convenience, there's something quite chic about matching your cheek and lip colour to look "pulled together" and pared down at the same time. 




YSL Babydoll Kiss +Blush is irced at £27.00 and is available at YSL counters nationwide.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This looks amazing, I love this shade!!! 2in1 as well, you're talking my language! xo

    www.fairyfatale.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour and I love YSL packaging! The gold just makes me think of luxury!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour! xx

    http://hipslikecinders.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© FABUGLOSS. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig